29 Nov What is Ozone?
Ozone (O3) is a highly reactive gas composed of three oxygen atoms. It is both a natural and a man-made product that occurs in the Earth’s upper atmosphere (the stratosphere) and lower atmosphere (the troposphere). Ozone has two properties of interest to human health. First, it absorbs UV light, reducing human exposure to harmful UV radiation that causes skin cancer and cataracts. Second, when inhaled, it reacts chemically with many biological molecules in the respiratory tract, leading to a number of adverse health effects.
USES AND APPLICATIONS OF OZONE IN DENTISTRY
- Biocompatible and disinfects being less cytotoxic than sodium hypochlorite
- Reduces inflammation of the tissues
- Promotes healing and epithelialization
- slightly anesthesia
- Whitens without causing sensitivity
- Sterilizes instruments, implants and prostheses
- Disinfects water lines
- Generates safe water intake
- Disinfects the environment
That is why in Odontomedik we love the ozone and we use it in all our treatments. Do an appointment with us and you will see and feel the benefits that the ozone can offer to your body.