Biological dentists have a profound understanding about the impact of toxic dental materials on people´s health. In fact, one of the most toxic materials is mercury. This toxicity is related to internal organ dysfunction as well as psychological health. And this is one of the main reason why we use Huggins protocol.
Dr. Hal Huggins is the creator of this protocol, and he spent most of his career investigating about the toxicity of metal fillings (amalgams) and how they affect our body and mind. He discovered that dental toxicity due to mercury in amalgam fillings is the cause of many unexplained diseases and symptoms like chronic fatigue, headaches, digestive problems, and also helping to develop diseases like cancer, diabetes, Alzheimer, etc. Therefore it is very important that only a trained dentist performs the removal of the amalgams to guarantee a successful treatment.
Our patients can be sure that removing their amalgams would be the best choice to make to improve their health while promoting a better response to their medical treatments if they already have a chronic condition.
Our dental protocols are designed to remove as much dental toxicity in as nontoxic a fashion as possible.
1. A serum compatibility test of dental materials is requested previous to initial consultation. This test is necessary to determine which dental materials are safest or least offensive to the patient’s immune system. For more information on how to get this test done, please call BIOCOMP LAB Toll-free number (800)331-2303.
2. Trace mineral (hair) analysis. Since supplements and diet are a big part of this protocol, you need to get this test done in order to start with the right supplements to detox and also to adjust your diet prior to your initial consultation.
3. Special attention will be given to the 7-14-21 day cycles when scheduling appointments.
4. A Total Dental Revision (TDR) includes the removal of amalgam fillings in the proper sequence. Additionally, other fillings that appear to be biologically incompatible with the patient will be removed and replaced with the most biocompatible materials.
5. The patient will also have all identifiable sources of dental infection removed which will virtually always include cavitations, dental implants, and root-canals. Furthermore, all biologically incompatible crowns will be replaced with compatible ones. The patient will be guided to undergo the best available measures to treat and possibly reverse any periodontal disease that may be present.
6. When intravenous sedation is indicated, a certified anesthesiologist will be administering sedation during the procedure while the bio dentist. The anesthesiologist who administers IV sedation remains with the patient as well as Dr. Mendez throughout the entire surgery session.
7. Intravenous vitamin C is administered before, during and after the performance of the dental work. This is necessary to help neutralize any toxicity that may still reach the blood and tissues.
8. Strong negative pole magnets are applied to all postoperative areas after the dental work for pain
9. Extra purified water, DAV System, and negative ion generators are used during treatment to reduce the amount of mercury vapor in the dental office environment.
10. Acupressure is performed at the conclusion of dental treatment to neutralize discomfort and to minimize or even eliminate the use of pain medication.
For more information about Hal Huggins protocol please click here.