Odontomedik | FAQ
16073
page-template-default,page,page-id-16073,ajax_fade,page_not_loaded,, vertical_menu_transparency vertical_menu_transparency_on,footer_responsive_adv,qode-child-theme-ver-1.0.0,qode-theme-ver-10.1.1,wpb-js-composer js-comp-ver-5.4.1,vc_responsive

FAQ

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

What is biological dentistry?

 

Biological dentists recognize the impact of toxic materials and relate it to dental and physiological health. These dentists use materials and procedures in their practices that are non-toxic and systemically compatible. They see the dental condition in relation to overall health. What is the most toxic ingredient used by conventional dentists?

“Silver” amalgam fillings are 50 percent mercury. Mercury is the most toxic, non-radioactive element on the earth. Published research demonstrates that mercury is more toxic than lead, cadmium, or arsenic.

How much mercury does it take to damage the body?

 

Dr. Louis Chang, toxicologist at the University of Arkansas, reported nerve damage occurred at a mere one microgram of mercury. Likewise, toxicologist professor Joshep Levisky at the University of Colorado once stated when asked about the ‘safe level of mercury’, “One atom kills one cell. You tell me the safe level of mercury”.

How does mercury damages the body?

 

  • Rupturing the cell membranes
  • Altering the cell membrane selective permeability
  • Interference with nerve impulse transmission
  • Alteration of the 3-D structure of enzymes and hormones
  • Interference with DNA repair and replication
  • Hormonal malfunction (especially thyroid, sex hormones and pituitary)
  • Crossing of barriers- Blood Brain Barrier, Placental Barrier
  • Creation of deadly methyl mercury

What are some of the symptoms of suspected reaction to toxic dental materials?

 

·Unexplained irritability.
·Constant or very frequent periods of depression.
·Numbness and tingling in extremities.
·Frequent urination during the night.
·Unexplained chronic fatigue.
·Cold hand and feet, even in moderate or warm weather.
·Bloated feeling most of the time.
·Difficulty with short-term memory.
·Sudden, unexplained, or unprovoked anger.
·Constipation on a regular basis.
·Difficulty in making even simple decisions.
·Tremors or shakes of hands, feet, head, etc.
·Twitching of face and other muscles.
·Frequent leg cramps.
·Constant or frequent ringing or noise in ears.
·Shortness of breath.
·Frequent or recurring heartburn.
·Excessive itching.
·Unexplained rashes, skin irritation.
·Constant or frequent metallic taste in mouth.
·Jumpiness, jitteriness and nervousness.
·Constant death wish or suicidal intent.
·Frequent insomnia.
·Unexplained chest pain.
·Constant or frequent pain on joints.
·Tachycardia.
·Unexplained fluid retention.
·Burning sensation on the tongue.
·Headaches just after eating.
·Frequent diarrhea.

What type of diseases we see related to reactions to dental toxins?

 

  • Multiple sclerosis
  • May types of birth defects
  • Breast cancer
  • Arthritis
  • Diabetes
  • Hashimoto’s thyroiditis
  • Prostate problems
  • Lupus
  • Lou Gehrig’s disease
  • Alzheimer’s
  • Parkinson’s
  • Leukemia
  • Seizures